US Citizenship Required and (TS or TS/SCI) Required
Take your basic Linux skills to the next level.
Phoenix Linux Admins do not simply manage a handful of servers. They use their Linux background to carry out mission-critical operations with advanced technologies. Such operations include modern DevOps (using Jenkins and Docker), Big Data integration (using the Hadoop ecosystem), and automated admin tasks across dozens-to-hundreds of nodes (using Ansible or Puppet). If you don't know these technologies, you'll learn them as a Phoenix Linux Admin.
A typical day as a Phoenix Linux Admin will begin with a 10-minute scrum meeting by the "Integration" team. Each team member describes what they accomplished the previous day, what they plan to do for the current day, and any impediments they face. The remainder of the day involves executing the specific tasks for the sprint in Agile fashion. You'll collaborate with software developers on application integration, Information Assurance representatives on security implementations, and Systems Engineers on platform functionality.
Expand your skill set with us... and we'll get you a security clearance too.
Technical Skills Required:
- CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Puppet or Ansible
- RPM and YUM
- Agile processes across large teams
Technical Skills Preferred:
- DevOps with Git and Jenkins
- Virtualization and/or Containerization
- Cyber Security / Hardening / STIGS
- Automated OS Installation (i.e. Kickstart)
- US Citizenship Required
- Willing to pursue a security clearance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our Github projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national cyber resources. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics (batch and streaming), Cloud Computing infrastructure, multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We support operational missions (All-Source, Financial, CND) and serve as Product Owners for our open-source research initiatives.
Please visit us at http://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.