US Citizenship Required
Understand the basics of programming and computer science? We'll teach you the technical skills expected across the industry... and we'll also get you a security clearance.
As a Phoenix Java Software Engineer, you'll be exposed to ubiquitous technologies that are applicable across the tech industry. You'll learn standard development tools (e.g. Git, Maven, Jenkins), common development processes (e.g. Scrum), and the most popular libraries (e.g. Spring) expected from professional software engineers.
A typical day for a Phoenix Java Software Engineer begins with a 10-minute Scrum meeting (aka Stand-up) where each member of the team describes what they accomplished the previous day, what they plan to do for the current day, and any impediments they face. The remainder of the day involves collaborative, sometimes paired-programming, development activities.
Expand your skill set with us... and we'll get you a security clearance too.
Only eager, ambitious, self-starters that are ready to learn A LOT need apply.
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficient in the Java programming language
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in an Agile team environment
Technical Skills Preferred:
- Common Development Tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins)
- Common Data Formats (XML, JSON, ProtoBuf)
- Common Data Protocols (REST, JMS, FTP)
- Familiarity with one or more databases
- Familiarity with Linux
- US Citizenship Required
- TS/SCI Clearance Required
- Bachelor of Science Preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our Github projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national cyber resources. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics (batch and streaming), Cloud Computing infrastructure, multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We support operational missions (All-Source, Financial, CND) and serve as Product Owners for our open-source research initiatives.
Please visit us at http://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.