Implement and administer the cloud infrastructure to support a worldwide scientific mission application running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This new infrastructure will be deployed and administered using automation technologies and modern virtualization / containerization technologies. Administrators are expected to be cognizant of standard industry concerns including security, reliability, performance and configuration management. Beyond the infrastructure, software must be integrated from multiple development teams using a project-wide DevOps model.
- 3+ years administering Linux (RHEL and CentOS) platforms
- 2+ years administering AWS systems
- 2+ years administering Virtual Machines or Containers
- 1+ years with automation technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Experience with AWS Services such as EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudFormation
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Docker, Swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration technologies such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, RPMs and YUM.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Perl
US Citizenship Required - Uncleared / Secret / Top Secret positions available - US Citizenship Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related field
- Certifications Required: None, but AWS and Red Hat certifications are highly desirable
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company-Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% company paid
- 401K – Additional 10% salary contribution immediately vested
- Bonus Plan
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Upfront and Recurring Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national intelligence, defense and scientific interests. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics, Cloud Computing infrastructure, Machine Learning, Multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We believe in open-source initiatives, agile development processes, and arming analysts with amazing capabilities. For more information, visit us at: https://phoenix-opsgroup.com
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.