Support the analysis, design, development, integration, verification and validation of a large complex scientific mission system. The primary responsibility will be requirements analysis with mission subject matter experts (SMEs), engineers, and other program stakeholders. Secondary responsibilities include the evaluation of hardware and software components for integration into the system. Both responsibilities (requirements analysis and component evaluations) will require familiarity with the current on-premise solution (physical hardware) and the planned cloud-hosted platform (Amazon Web Services).
- 5+ years eliciting, refining, explaining and vetting system requirements
- 5+ years conducting hardware and software component evaluations
- 2+ years supporting programs that leverage Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years working with Linux-based systems
- Familiarity with basic AWS Services such as EC2, S3, IAM, RDS and CloudWatch
- Familiarity with industry standard commodity hardware for information systems (servers, storage, network devices)
- Familiarity with industry standard software products for information systems (e.g. operating systems and databases)
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development processes and tools including Confluence and Jira.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certifications Required: None, but AWS certifications are highly desirable
US Citizenship Required - Uncleared / Secret / Top Secret positions available - US Citizenship Required
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company-Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% company paid
- 401K – Additional 10% salary contribution immediately vested
- Bonus Plan
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Upfront and Recurring Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national intelligence, defense and scientific interests. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics, Cloud Computing infrastructure, Machine Learning, Multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We believe in open-source initiatives, agile development processes, and arming analysts with amazing capabilities. For more information, visit us at: https://phoenix-opsgroup.com
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.