Join a highly motivated engineering team to design and implement a new DevOps pipeline for National Intelligence efforts. The objective is to fully automate the software processes that build, test, harden, package and deploy applications across multiple networks. Work will include researching new technologies, implementing new solutions, and validating outputs with government subject matter experts.
Beyond the DevOps pipeline itself, the team will implement new functionality on an Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using Container-based solutions. This functionality must operate over clusters of distributed servers (nodes) using parallelization techniques and modern data center practices.
- Both cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and on-premise hardware will be used.
- Multiple classified and unclassified networks will be supported simultaneously.
- Open-source solutions will be favored over proprietary software products.
- Agile (iterative) experimentation is favored over prolonged waterfall processes.
- 5+ years with Linux-based systems (master level expertise expected)
- 2+ years with automation technologies such as Puppet or Ansible
- 2+ years with Git, Maven, Nexus and Jenkins
- 2+ years scripting or coding in BASH, Python, Ruby or Perl
- 1+ years working with containers (i.e. Docker) and orchestration (i.e. Kubernetes)
- 1+ years supporting programs that leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Must work well in a small team environment
- Familiarity with basic AWS Services such as EC2, S3, IAM, RDS and CloudWatch
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) processes and tools including Confluence and Jira.
- Familiarity with the Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) DevTools
- Familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Familiarity with industry standard commodity hardware for information systems (servers, storage, network devices)
- Familiarity with industry standard software products (operating systems, hypervisors, databases, and web servers)
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- Certifications Required: None, but AWS certifications are highly desirable
US Citizenship Required - TS or TS/SCI required
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company-Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% company paid
- 401K – Additional 10% salary contribution immediately vested
- Performance-Based Bonuses
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Upfront and Recurring Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to advancing our national intelligence, defense and scientific interests. As a small start-up operating out of the Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics, Cloud Computing infrastructure, Machine Learning, Multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We believe in open-source initiatives, agile development processes, and arming analysts with amazing capabilities. For more information, visit us at: https://phoenix-opsgroup.com
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.