Join our team of talented engineers in the Fort Meade area supporting critical national security programs. As an analytic software engineer, you’ll work closely with mission SMEs to develop niche analytics for the Intelligence Community. These may be batch analytics that operate over large volumes of data at-rest, or they may be streaming analytics that operate over smaller volumes of data in-motion. When operational, your analytics will support Phoenix’s core mission of “Arming the Analyst”.
This position will support multiple programs and is open to both mid-level and senior candidates. A typical day includes engineering activities across a mid-sized team, exploring mission data sets, working with mission SMEs to understand tradecraft, and developing analytics to support that tradecraft. All development will be conducted within an Agile process using standard Scrum practices (daily stands-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives).
*** Top Secret SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph Required ***
Technical Skills Required
Technical Skill Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Java software development
- 3+ years of experience with distributed technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
- 3+ years of experience implementing RESTful web services
- 3+ years of experience processing XML and JSON data formats
- 3+ years of experience using Git, JUnit, Maven and Jenkins
- 3+years of experience developing software in a Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience supporting Defense or Intelligence programs
- Experience developing analytics with MapReduce, Spark or similar technologies
- Experience with distributed databases such as Accumulo or HBase
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Jira and Confluence
- Basic understanding of Python or Scala
- Basic Machine Learning algorithms & techniques
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Company laptop built to your specification
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our GitHub projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
Phoenix Operations Group is an engineering services company that protects US Warfighters and supports US Intelligence efforts. As a small business operating in the Baltimore & DC areas, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Phoenix specializes in inter-agency functionality that connects our federal, military and commercial clients with shared mission solutions. We do this with Big Data technologies, Machine Learning techniques, Cloud-Hosted platforms, and enterprise architectures.
Our team is geographically dispersed across the country. Thus, we rely on innovative techniques to advance our employees' skills and promote company culture:
- We incentivize employees to participate in our Open-Source GitHub projects
- We incentivize and support employees in writing whitepapers for the community
- We invest in research and development (R&D) to expand our mission capabilities
- We promote technical discussion across Slack, Google Meet and Social Media platforms
With these innovations, Phoenix provides a dynamic and inclusive environment for our employees. Please visit us at https://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com/
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.