Phoenix Cloud Administrators are responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining large multi-node clusters for enterprise applications. Given the size of these platforms, cloud provisioning technologies and automation tools are a required to implement a robust solution that scales with our computing needs. Given the complexity of our applications, automated DevOps pipelines are also required to implement CI/CD across our development efforts and platforms.
This position supports multiple programs and is open to both mid-level and senior candidates. A typical day includes engineering activities across a mid-sized team, collaborating with program stakeholders on requirements, vetting implementations with cybersecurity engineers, automating administration tasks, and designing new platforms. All activities will be conducted withing an Agile process using standard Scrum practices (daily stands-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives).
*** Top Secret SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph Required ***
Technical Skills Required
Technical Skill Preferred
- 5+ years of experience administering Linux-based platforms
- 3+ years of experience with automation technologies (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or its classified equivalents
- 2+ years of experience with Bash or other shell scripting languages
- 2+ years of experience implementing automated DevOps pipelines
- Experience with Docker Containers and orchestration Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed computing technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Jira and Confluence
- Any certifications from Cloudera, Red Hat, Amazon Web Services or Security+
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Company laptop built to your specification
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our GitHub projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
Phoenix Operations Group is an engineering services company that protects US Warfighters and supports US Intelligence efforts. As a small business operating in the Baltimore & DC areas, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Phoenix specializes in inter-agency functionality that connects our federal, military and commercial clients with shared mission solutions. We do this with Big Data technologies, Machine Learning techniques, Cloud-Hosted platforms, and enterprise architectures.
Our team is geographically dispersed across the country. Thus, we rely on innovative techniques to advance our employees' skills and promote company culture:
- We incentivize employees to participate in our Open-Source GitHub projects
- We incentivize and support employees in writing whitepapers for the community
- We invest in research and development (R&D) to expand our mission capabilities
- We promote technical discussion across Slack, Google Meet and Social Media platforms
With these innovations, Phoenix provides a dynamic and inclusive environment for our employees. Please visit us at https://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com/
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.