Phoenix Cybersecurity Engineers are technically adept and perform the hands-on work to secure systems (not just write about it). We specialize in Linux-based systems that leverage Cloud and Container technologies for Defense and Intelligence programs. Your experience with RMF and implementing STIGs against modern technologies will help secure the systems that are critical for national security.
This position supports multiple programs and is open to both mid-level and senior candidates. A typical day includes collaboration with program stakeholders, information assurance representatives, system administrators, and software development teams. All program activities are conducted within an Agile process using standard Scrum practices (daily stands-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives).
*** SECRET Clearance Required ***
Technical Skills Required
Technical Skill Preferred
- 3+ years supporting accreditations using the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- 2+ years implementing STIGs for Linux-based systems
- 2+ years securing systems that use Virtualization or Container technologies
- Experience educating software development teams on modern security practices
- At least one Information Security related certification (Security+, CISSP, CISM)
- Experience performing vulnerability scans on Linux systems using Nessus
- Experience configuring, reviewing and monitoring systems using Splunk
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud platforms
- Experience in Computer Network Defense or Defensive Cyber Operations
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Company laptop built to your specification
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our GitHub projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
Phoenix Operations Group is an engineering services company that protects US Warfighters and supports US Intelligence efforts. As a small business operating in the Baltimore & DC areas, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Phoenix specializes in inter-agency functionality that connects our federal, military and commercial clients with shared mission solutions. We do this with Big Data technologies, Machine Learning techniques, Cloud-Hosted platforms, and enterprise architectures.
Our team is geographically dispersed across the country. Thus, we rely on innovative techniques to advance our employees' skills and promote company culture:
- We incentivize employees to participate in our Open-Source GitHub projects
- We incentivize and support employees in writing whitepapers for the community
- We invest in research and development (R&D) to expand our mission capabilities
- We promote technical discussion across Slack, Google Meet and Social Media platforms
With these innovations, Phoenix provides a dynamic and inclusive environment for our employees. Please visit us at https://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com/
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.