System Administrators are the backbone of Phoenix programs, entrusted with deploying, sustaining, and safeguarding critical program infrastructure. We manage multiple Linux platforms, typically CentOS for development environments and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) for operational environments. Atop Linux, we support mission applications (in either Virtual Machines or Containers) and implement DevOps with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
This position supports multiple programs and is open to all candidate levels (junior, mid-level, and senior). A typical day includes engineering activities across a mid-sized team, triaging issues across Dev/Integration/Pre-Prod/Production environments, designing / building new environments, automating administrative tasks, and collaborating with development teams on the DevOps pipeline. All activities are conducted within an Agile process using standard Scrum practices (daily stands-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives).
*** Top Secret SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph Required ***
Technical Skills Required
Technical Skill Preferred
- 3+ years of experience administering Linux platforms
- 2+ years of experience provisioning virtual machines
- 2+ years of experience scripting in Bash
- 1+ years of experience with Puppet or Ansible
- 1+ years of experience administering LDAP
- Experience implementing DevOps with Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus and YUM
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Red Hat Certifications (RHCSA, RHCE or RHCVA)
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Company laptop built to your specification
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our GitHub projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
Phoenix Operations Group is an engineering services company that protects US Warfighters and supports US Intelligence efforts. As a small business operating in the Baltimore & DC areas, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Phoenix specializes in inter-agency functionality that connects our federal, military and commercial clients with shared mission solutions. We do this with Big Data technologies, Machine Learning techniques, Cloud-Hosted platforms, and enterprise architectures.
Our team is geographically dispersed across the country. Thus, we rely on innovative techniques to advance our employees' skills and promote company culture:
- We incentivize employees to participate in our Open-Source GitHub projects
- We incentivize and support employees in writing whitepapers for the community
- We invest in research and development (R&D) to expand our mission capabilities
- We promote technical discussion across Slack, Google Meet and Social Media platforms
With these innovations, Phoenix provides a dynamic and inclusive environment for our employees. Please visit us at https://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com/
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.