Join our team of engineers working-from-home
to design and develop a new cloud-native data processing system. As a Data-Focused Software Engineer, you’ll use Big Data techniques to process large volumes of for a critical government program. The specific technologies will include both open-source products (e.g. Spark, HBase, Kafka, MongoDB) and AWS services (e.g. EMR, Kinesis, DynamoDB).
This position will support multiple programs and is open to both mid-level and senior candidates. A typical day includes engineering activities across a mid-sized team, developing new capabilities, addressing critical defects, interfacing with mission SMEs, and conducting Scrum activities (stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives). This multi-disciplinary team collaborates daily to meet demanding technical and mission needs.
*** Top Secret SCI Security Clearance Required ***
Technical Skills Required
Technical Skill Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Java software development
- 3+ years of experience developing software to process XML, JSON and binary formats
- 2+ years of experience using AWS for data processing
- 3+ years of experience implementing RESTful web services
- 2+ years of experience developing software in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of experience using Git, JUnit, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with distributed technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
- Experience with MongoDB, Elasticsearch, HBase or DynamoDB data stores
- Experience working geospatial data
- Basic understanding of Python
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Company laptop built to your specification
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our GitHub projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
Phoenix Operations Group is an engineering services company that protects US Warfighters and supports US Intelligence efforts. As a small business operating in the Baltimore & DC areas, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Phoenix specializes in inter-agency functionality that connects our federal, military and commercial clients with shared mission solutions. We do this with Big Data technologies, Machine Learning techniques, Cloud-Hosted platforms, and enterprise architectures.
Our team is geographically dispersed across the country. Thus, we rely on innovative techniques to advance our employees' skills and promote company culture:
- We incentivize employees to participate in our Open-Source GitHub projects
- We incentivize and support employees in writing whitepapers for the community
- We invest in research and development (R&D) to expand our mission capabilities
- We promote technical discussion across Slack, Google Meet and Social Media platforms
With these innovations, Phoenix provides a dynamic and inclusive environment for our employees. Please visit us at https://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com/
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.