US Citizenship Required, Security Clearance (TS) or (TS/SCI) Required
Small company. Big Data. Mission First.
If you've got a TS clearance and have Hadoop on your resume, then you likely have a ton of job options. Like other companies, Phoenix offers awesome benefits, competitive salary and a small company culture. Unlike other companies, Phoenix only hires technologists that are completely dedicated to supporting national security and executing mission critical operations.
A typical day as a Phoenix Big Data developer includes developing new analytics using open-source products, sitting with SMEs to understand mission needs, participating in Agile activities in an unclassified environment, and collaborating with other Phoenix engineers in the Intelligence Community.
"Arming the Analyst
" is not just a slogan; we do it.
Technical Skills Required:
- Java development in a Linux environment
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Experience writing MapReduce or Spark jobs
- REST Web Services
- Common Development Tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins)
Technical Skills Preferred:
- NoSQL Technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Accumulo, HBase)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud platforms
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Storm
- Apache NiFi
- US Citizenship Required
- Security Clearance (TS) Required
- Some positions require SCI
- Some positions require FSP
- Bachelor of Science Preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
- 401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
- PTO - 4 weeks/year
- Holidays - 10 paid/year
- Birthdays off with pay
- Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
- Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our Github projects
- Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications and Enrichment
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national cyber resources. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics (batch and streaming), Cloud Computing infrastructure, multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We support operational missions (All-Source, Financial, CND) and serve as Product Owners for our open-source research initiatives.
Please visit us at http://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com
for more information.
Phoenix Operations Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Operations Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.